There's never really a lot of publicity about the day, unlike other international days, which draw all sorts of media and community attention. However, it's still a day to celebrate. It's a day to be proud of who you are and what you like. It doesn't matter if you only practice when you can or you're firmly entrenched in the lifestyle, today is a special day. There is such diversity within the Kink community, which is one of the things I love about being part of it. In my experience there's also acceptance, respect, and understanding - both of individuality and the preference for how people practice their kink. For a lifestyle that's often demonised in the media and misunderstood by the wider vanilla community, I think we get a lot of things right with the way we treat each other.
So, no matter how you enjoy your BDSM, kink or particular fetish, whether you are fully emerged in the lifestyle, practice it occasionally or just like to read about it in a BDSM romance, determine to do something special today. After all, it's a day to celebrate.
If you're stuck for ideas on things to do, here's a few suggestions.
- Go corset or toy shopping with your kinky friends.
- Walk up to a stranger and ask if can you spank their ass in celebration of International BDSM Day.
- Go to the races to watch the public display of cropping.
- Visit your local hardware store and get the sales assistant to help you choose a new suspension system to install in your dungeon.
- Invite your vanilla friends over for morning tea and serve cupcakes with BDSM symbol icing.
- Go to the local police station and ask if you can buy a set of handcuffs.
- Do the housework in your sexy french maids outfit.
- Take your toy-boy to the local pet store and buy him a new collar and lead.
- Read a BDSM erotic romance novel.
- When your boss gives you an instruction reply 'Yes, Sir' in honor of the day.
- Be a brat to everyone.
If you don't like any of the suggestions above, what are you doing to mark International BDSM Day?