- If you've got a shit load of bad Karma accrued, then death will not be a peaceful process for you.
- All your friends will tell you "if you need anything, all you have to do is ask" but 98% of them don't mean it.
- People you hardly know will show you amazing random acts of kindness that leave you weeping and with a renewed sense of knowing there are nice people in the world.
- You were right to believe that the only person you can truly count on is yourself.
- Even though all you want to do is sit in a corner and rock...you can't fit it into your schedule.
- The only way to move forward is to take one step at a time.
In accordance with the last lesson mentioned I'm now walking forward. I am, in a sense, rebooting my life.
I must say the reboot process is interesting. I started by moving house (way to go me, add more stress to an already shitful time.) I moved out of the house Shane and I shared and rented myself a one bedroom flat in the city. Mind you it's a city three hours from where I lived before. My best friend tells me the flat is not an old hovel with freeloading cockroaches that just refuse to move out, no matter how much spray I use or insect baits I scatter around. According to her, the little flat is a Bohemian artists retreat that will inspire my creativity. I guess it's all about perspective really. Anyway, I have decided to embrace this Bohemian lifestyle that the universe unceremoniously thrusted me into...but what exactly does that mean?
According to the all knowing wikepedia it means this:
...the non-traditional lifestyles of marginalized and impoverished artists, writers, journalists, musicians, and actors in major European cities. Bohemians were associated with unorthodox or anti-establishment political or social viewpoints, which were often expressed through free love, frugality and — in some cases — voluntary poverty...
Surprisingly, without even trying I think I can put a tick next to most categories.
- Non-traditional lifestyle: I'm often referred to as eccentric, slightly left of centre and I'm involved in the BDSM scene...check.
- Marginalised: maybe, maybe not...more than likely not...un-check
- Impoverished writer: That is sooo covered. Unfortunately, at the moment I'm far from affluent as a result of being an author...that's a big check.
- Unorthodox, anti-establishment viewpoints: Well my family always referred to me as the rebel so I guess that would be a...check.
- Free love: Yes, I've never charged anyone for sex so (lol)...check.
- Frugality: Frugal by necessity rather than design, I would never live in voluntary poverty but I still meet the requirement...check.
Some of my behaviors and experiences lately may also reflect this new Bohemianism. I've gone drinking with the girls (Okay, I didn't just drink I got shit-faced drunk...damn you Mr Daniels.) I pole danced at the pub (refer to the shit-faced bit above). I've been called a Ho because I mentioned on facebook I was checking out the sexy builders across the road (apparently the now FB un-friend thought that was inappropriate since Shane was dead). Finally, I've totally embraced the cafe lifestyle, one of the benifits of city living. Oh, and I now walk everywhere instead of driving.
Yep, it appears I am definitely embracing the lifestyle, even if it's unintentionally.